Last modified: June 29, 2021
Table of Contents
- What Information Johnson Lambert Collects about You
- How Johnson Lambert Collects Information
- How Johnson Lambert Uses Personal Data
- How Johnson Lambert Shares Personal Data
- How Johnson Lambert Secures Personal Data
- Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Data
- How Long Johnson Lambert Retains Personal Data
- Your Choices
- Children Under the Age of 18
- Third-Party Websites
- Sensitive Information
- Questions, Concerns, or Complaints
2. What Information Johnson Lambert Collects about You
We collect the following types of information from and about users of our Sites:
3. How Johnson Lambert Collects Information
We collect information in a variety of ways, including:
- Information you voluntarily provide to us, including but not limited to, submission of Requests for Proposals. We may collect Personal Data when you use or interact with us through the Sites, when you register for one of our events, when you complete a survey, or when you register for certain services or products. In some cases, we may also collect your credit card information, some of which may constitute Personal Data, to secure certain payments. Personal Data may also include information collected within the scope of professional services provided to you.
We may also collect Personal Data from you offline, such as when you attend one of our events, during phone calls with representatives, when you complete paper forms, or when you contact a Johnson Lambert representative.
- Information we automatically collect. We may also automatically collect certain technical data that is sent to us from the computer, mobile device, and/or browser through which you access the Sites. This may include, without limitation, a unique identifier associated with your access device and/or browser (including, for example, your IP address), characteristics about your access device and/or browser, statistics on your activities on the Sites, information about how you came to the Sites and data collected through cookies, web beacons, flash cookies, and other similar technologies.
- Information from other sources. We may also collect or receive Personal Data from third-party sources, such as third-party websites or integrations, our service providers, our business partners and sponsors, and other third parties.
Please note that when you submit Personal Data to us, we may associate other Non-Personal Data (including Non-Personal Data we collect from third parties) with your Personal Data. Upon doing so, we will treat any such combined data as your Personal Data until such time as it can no longer be associated with you or used to identify you.
4. How Johnson Lambert Uses Personal Data
We use Personal Data:
- To fulfill your requests, such as to send you requested materials and newsletters, information and materials regarding our products and services, and to allow you to participate in paid services and events.
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Sites and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Data, so we suggest that you read these rules carefully.
- Where it is in accordance with your marketing preferences, we may use your Personal Data for marketing purposes, including without limitation, to inform you about our own and third-parties’ services or products that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your Personal Data in this way, please email us at [[email protected]]. Please see the Section entitled “Your Choices” for more information.
5. How Johnson Lambert Shares Personal Data
- Johnson Lambert will share your Personal Data to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, subject to applicable law.
- Agents, consultants, and service providers. We may share your Personal Data with our contractors and service providers who process Personal Data on behalf of Johnson Lambert to perform certain business-related functions. These companies may include our marketing agencies, database service providers, backup and disaster recovery service providers, email service providers, and others. When we engage another company to perform such functions, we may provide them with information, including Personal Data, in connection with their performance of such functions.
- Marketing purposes. Where it is in accordance with your marketing preferences, we may share your Personal Data for marketing purposes, including without limitation, to inform you about our own and third-parties’ services or products that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of us using your Personal Data in this way by emailing us at [email protected] Please see the Section entitled “Your Choices” for more information.
- With your consent. We may share your Personal Data with third parties when we have obtained your consent to do so.
6. How Johnson Lambert Secures Personal Data
We have implemented appropriate organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect Personal Data within our organization, including security controls to prevent unauthorized access to our systems. While we take reasonable steps to secure your Personal Data from loss, misuse, interference and unauthorized access, modification and disclosure, you should be aware no security procedures or protocols are ever guaranteed to be completely secure from intrusion or hacking, and there is therefore always some risk assumed by sharing Personal Data online. If you have reason to believe that your account has been compromised, please immediately notify us at [email protected] Johnson Lambert also secures all data as required by our professional obligations, related confidentiality requirements, and / or contractual obligations.
7. Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Data
You can review and change your Personal Data by visiting your account page (if any) or notifying your point of contact for services being provided to you. You may also send us an email at [email protected] to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Data that you have provided to us. We may not be able to delete your Personal Data except by also deleting your user account (if any). We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law, legal requirement, professional requirement, contractual requirement, or cause the information to be incorrect.
8. How Long Johnson Lambert Retains Personal Data
We may retain your Personal Data as long as you are registered to use the Site(s). However, we may also retain Personal Data for any period as is permitted or required under applicable laws, contract, or professional regulation. Even if we delete your Personal Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for an additional period of time for legal, tax, or regulatory reasons, or for legitimate and lawful business purposes.
9. Your Choices
You have several choices available when it comes to your Personal Data.
You can browse the Sites without providing any Personal Data (other than data collected automatically to the extent it is considered Personal Data under applicable laws) or you may decide to simply limit the Personal Data you provide. If you choose not to provide any Personal Data or limit the Personal Data you provide, you may not be able to use certain functionality of the Sites.
Where it is in accordance with your marketing preferences, Johnson Lambert may send you electronic communications marketing or advertising the Sites themselves, events, products or services, and/or third-party products or services that may be of interest to you. You can opt out of receiving these electronic communications by clicking on the “email preferences” link at the bottom of any such electronic communication, through which you can unsubscribe. You may also email us at [email protected]
Certain electronic communications from Johnson Lambert are responsive to your requests. Notwithstanding any unsubscribe election that you have made, you may still receive transactional or responsive emails. You can only stop receiving these types of communications by contacting us at [email protected]
Your State Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 and Virginia Code Title 59.1-571, et seq. grants certain users of our Sites that are California or Virginia residents, respectively, rights related to Personal Data, including, among other things, the right to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Data to third parties for direct marketing purposes. To make such a request related to rights granted under state law, please send an email to [email protected]
Do Not Track Disclosures
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. At this time, Johnson Lambert does not respond to Do Not Track browser settings or signals. In addition, we deploy cookies on our Sites. Cookies may be used by us to collect information about you and your Internet activity, even if you have turned on the Do Not Track signal.
10. Children Under the Age of 18
Our Sites are not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Sites. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on the Sites or on or through any of its features, register on the Sites, make any purchases through the Sites, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Sites, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Data from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at [email protected] This Paragraph does not apply to information collected for the purpose of providing specific professional services that Johnson Lambert has been retained to provide.
11. Third-Party Websites
Similarly, please note that we are not responsible for the collection, use, and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, such as other app developers, app providers, social media platform providers, operating system providers, wireless service providers, or device manufacturers.
12. Sensitive Information
Unless necessary for the performance of our professional services, please do not send or disclose to us, on or through the Sites or via other means, any sensitive Personal Data, including information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions or affiliations, religious or philosophical beliefs or affiliations, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, sex life or sexual orientation, social security numbers, or criminal background.
14. Questions, Concerns, or Complaints
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any questions, concerns, or complaints regarding the way we collect and handle your information, please contact us by email at [email protected]
Johnson Lambert will take any privacy complaint seriously and any complaint will be assessed by an appropriate person with the aim of resolving any issue in a timely and efficient manner. We request that you cooperate with us during this process and provide us with any relevant information that we may need.