VIDEO: Nonprofit Revenue Recognition – Revenue From Contracts With Customers
In 2019 ASU 2014-09 Revenue from Contracts with Customers became effective. The standard sets a single framework for revenue recognition for all organizations, including nonprofit organizations. In this video series Andrea Wright, Partner, and Melanie Barthel, Senior Manager, present a series of eight short videos that clarify ASU 2014-09.
Looking for specific information about the standard? View the individual videos that provide examples to clarify ASU 2014-09:
- Introduction to Revenue Recognition
- Step 1 – Identify the Contract with the Customer
- Step 2 – Identify the Performance Obligations
- Step 3 – Determine the Transaction Price
- Step 4 – Allocate the Transaction Price to the Performance Obligations
- Step 5 – Recognize Revenue When (or as) Performance Obligations are Satisfied
- Disclosures and Implementation Information
- Ending Summary
If we can answer any questions or help in any other way, please contact the Johnson Lambert team.