Our significant experience and quality of service is unmatched in the captive insurance and alternative risk industry. We currently service over 250 captive insurance companies in domiciles throughout the United States and select international areas. Our expertise in this niche market makes us uniquely qualified to provide you with audit, tax, compliance and consulting services.
Our client base includes the following types of captive and alternative risk insurance entities:
- Single parent or pure captives
- Special purpose entities
- Risk retention groups
- Public entity risk pools
- Industrial insureds and other group captives
- Sponsored, cell and series captives
Your service team will be hand-picked to ensure you receive the most experienced personnel based on the services you require. We monitor financial accounting and tax trends, laws and regulations, announcements and other environmental factors impacting your company. We have strong relationships within the captive management network and with third party administrators in the industry.
A leader in our firm currently serves on the AICPA Insurance Industry Expert Panel. Our involvement in the industry allows us to communicate relevant information with you, so you can make informed business decisions.
Audit and Assurance Services
Our technical expertise and resources are strategically developed to meet the unique and evolving needs of your Company. We deliver customized audit and assurance services that are tailored to your organization. We use a risk assessment approach to evaluate your organization’s risk profile and develop your audit with an emphasis on high risk areas.
Audit and assurance services we provide include:
- Financial statement audits
- Audits in accordance with governmental auditing standards
- Risk assurance
- Advisory services
- IT consulting
We can design non-traditional assurance engagements that will align the scope of services we provide with your goals for the engagement.
Tax Compliance and Consulting Services
We pride ourselves on our ability to design tax engagements that suit your needs. Our tax professionals will provide you with a depth of tax knowledge and industry specialization necessary for an effective and efficient engagement.
Tax compliance and consulting services we provide include:
- Federal and state income tax preparation – including Forms 1120, 1120-PC and 1120-L
- Consolidated return preparation and electronic filing
- Small company 831(b) election tax preparation
- Voluntary compliance programs
- Change of accounting method requests
- IRS exam representation
- Quarterly and annual provisions and related disclosures
- 953(d) election applications and maintenance
- Uncertain tax position (FIN 48) documentation
- Mergers and acquisitions planning
- Foreign bank report filings
- Tax equalization calculations of expatriate employees
- State tax planning and compliance
Recognizing the importance of sound tax planning, we strive to keep you updated on emerging federal and state tax issues to ensure your tax strategies are compliant with current rules and regulations. Our goal is to be your valued and trusted tax partner throughout your tax planning process.